"I like that @bethanyrlewis lives in the future because i already know its gonna be a good day"
"It's almost Tuesday here. The future is good. The future is exciting. And the future is going to be great for us. I love you"
I have the best friends in the world.
19 hours from now I'll be settled in for my first flight en route to Australia. I've spent the past year and a half preparing for this. I've spent hours researching, applying, planning, and packing, and tonight I play the game of staying up as late as possible to offset my sleep cycle. So in the "what am I going to do for the next few hours" boredom I've decided to start this blog to chronicle my semester abroad. I'm not guaranteeing structured or frequent updates, but hopefully this will be a way to keep everyone back home (and my friends traveling around the world) a little more up to date.
I could not be where I am today, about to go as far as possible from home without a soul I know, without some very important people. My family has supported me every inch of the way and has given me free reign to decide where, when, and how I was going to complete my dream of studying abroad. To them I am always thankful. My best friends have been everything to me. They have been there with calming words for moments of panic, cheers for ecstatic successes, and encouragement after every block in the road, for years. They pushed me to follow my dreams, and have been nudging me to keep going every time the feelings of fear seep through. They are eleven of the most incredible people I could've been blessed with, and leaving them behind is by far the most difficult part of this journey.
Thankfully, I know they aren't going anywhere. Some of these beautiful people have been with me so long that I'm pretty sure they're stuck with me, whether they like it or not :)
I'll be spending my first week in Cairns before settling into Sydney to take classes at Macquarie University. Here goes one hell of an adventure.
Bethany
"Time and Change Will Surely Show, How Firm Thy Friendship"
No comments:
Post a Comment