Saturday, April 19, 2014

Taking the Big Leap





It has been exactly one year since the day that changed my life. Lifting off the ground and climbing quickly, I knew I was about to have the experience of a life time. Jumping out the door and screaming my head off, I knew nothing. Landing in that lush green New Zealand field were like my first steps in a new world. You can find the original blog here.


In 15 days I'll be a graduate of The Ohio State University. Four incredible years of learning put behind me, but a much longer list of questions about the world as I move forward. Four challenging years of uncertainty, tears, and disappointment. Four enlightening years of acceptance, growth, friendship, and love. Four years of late nights for every and any reason, of figuring out where I want to be and who I want to become, of wishing it was over and then trying desperately not to think about May 4th, 2014.


Every day has become a potential goodbye or another last. Although I've faired better than I thought I would, I still have swells of bittersweet and hard hits of nostalgia. I am ready to move on. This incredible university has served me well, and I'm reaching the end of the lessons I'll learn in Columbus. But that doesn't mean there isn't fear or sadness. I can only aspire for no regret.


The arguably most life changing moment happened to me one year ago. How do I make sure I keep hurtling forward? How do I find the path that fits me best, when I know so many options can send me towards fulfillment? How do I step off out of The 'Shoe in two weeks, diploma in hand, and feel a sense of direction? I know now that the plans don't work. The step by step guides only get you so far. I have no idea how I'll feel when I get up tomorrow, or what I'll want to achieve. Focusing on my dreams for how the world should look gets me on the path to fulfillment. And the love I share keeps me there.

Another leap, another year.
A Buckeye For Life.
Bethany

 Time and Change Will Surely Show How Firm Thy Friendship OHIO


No comments:

Post a Comment